Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Forwarding mail from Domain to Outlook POPBOX

• Please log in to reply

baddabing101

baddabing101

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hi,

I've set up some forwarding POPBOX accounts from my domain name control panel to Outlook, but when I send a test email, I keep getting bounce backs.

Any ideas?

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
What does the bounceback emails say? There should be an error message in the email.

baddabing101

baddabing101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

What does the bounceback emails say? There should be an error message in the email.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[email protected]>:
74.**.184.*** does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 571 [email protected] prohibited. We do not relay Giving up on **.***.***.***.

Edited by baddabing101, 06 December 2007 - 06:19 PM.

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Ok, well this is definitely a configuration issue. When you send your e-mail out, do you have smtp authentication turned on?

If turning that on doesn't help, can you explain a bit more on what you mean by "forwarding POPBOX". Also, what control panel are you using on your webhost?

baddabing101

baddabing101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Ok, well this is definitely a configuration issue. When you send your e-mail out, do you have smtp authentication turned on?

If turning that on doesn't help, can you explain a bit more on what you mean by "forwarding POPBOX". Also, what control panel are you using on your webhost?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I do have SMTP authentication turned on.

I have email addresses with my domain name on my control panel at 123-reg.co.uk - I forward these addresses to my POP accounts I've set up in outlook. Each POP box corresponds to a different email address.

I hope that helps.

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Ok, I'm having a little trouble understanding your setup. According to 123-reg.co.uk you can setup forwards and pop accounts. If you setup a forward, your emails will be sent to whatever email address you entered. If you setup a pop account, any e-mail sent to you will stored on their servers until you download it with outlook. I'm assuming that you have done the second option. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If this is the case, when I send an email to [email protected], it will be stay on the server at 123-reg.co.uk until you pull it down with outlook.

If you have it set to forward your mail, every time I send an e-mail to [email protected], it will automatically be sent to [email protected] (or whatever e-mail address you setup.

Also, if you try to send an e-mail from the account that you have set to receive the mail, this could cause issues. For best results, try an e-mail address that is out of the loop.

baddabing101

baddabing101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Ok, I'm having a little trouble understanding your setup. According to 123-reg.co.uk you can setup forwards and pop accounts. If you setup a forward, your emails will be sent to whatever email address you entered. If you setup a pop account, any e-mail sent to you will stored on their servers until you download it with outlook. I'm assuming that you have done the second option. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If this is the case, when I send an email to [email protected], it will be stay on the server at 123-reg.co.uk until you pull it down with outlook.

If you have it set to forward your mail, every time I send an e-mail to [email protected], it will automatically be sent to [email protected] (or whatever e-mail address you setup.

Also, if you try to send an e-mail from the account that you have set to receive the mail, this could cause issues. For best results, try an e-mail address that is out of the loop.

Yes, I've done the 2nd option. I have asked people out of the loop to send email and they get bouncebacks still with a 571 error.

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Could you PM me the full bounce back message that you are receiving, including any headers?

baddabing101

baddabing101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Could you PM me the full bounce back message that you are receiving, including any headers?

No problem.

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Ok, there is one of two things going on here.

Either 123-reg.co.uk doesn't have something setup right on their end.

or

They are on some blacklist somewhere.

Either way, I think you should contact their support for further assistance.

Hope this helps.

Advertisements

baddabing101

baddabing101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Ok, there is one of two things going on here.

Either 123-reg.co.uk doesn't have something setup right on their end.

or

They are on some blacklist somewhere.

Either way, I think you should contact their support for further assistance.

Hope this helps.

Thannks very much. I have been in touch with reg123 support and am waiting for an answer. I also contacted my ISP/email regarding this and am waiting for a reply from them as well.

I'll keep this going with any further developments for future reference.

Thanks again,

Paul.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

Thanks again,

Paul.

Hello Paul! I sincerely hope you DO post back your results in this thread, good or bad. We get literally thousands of guests per day here, browsing for answers to their problems. Who knows... someone may come here one of these days with the exact same problem, and find help they need from your thread. :)

I really hope it all works out easily and quickly. :)

baddabing101

baddabing101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Thanks again,

Paul.

Hello Paul! I sincerely hope you DO post back your results in this thread, good or bad. We get literally thousands of guests per day here, browsing for answers to their problems. Who knows... someone may come here one of these days with the exact same problem, and find help they need from your thread. :)

I really hope it all works out easily and quickly. :)

No worries.

I'll share the news.

It will hopefully make someone else's

life a bit

easier.

:)

baddabing101

baddabing101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Well, I used the contact form on reg123 and had an answer asking for more info which i provided but have heard nothing back.

So I called them directly which involved a fairly long wait on the phone but I've spoken to one of their technical support team and they say there was a problem on their DNS server so have cleared it and normal mail should resume within 24 hours.

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
I'm glad to hear that they were able to help you out. It sounds like to me that they were put on a blacklist.