Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan.dropper.generic. and more.

• Please log in to reply

jessieRAWR

jessieRAWR

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there :)

I think this is great site you are running here, by the way. Im hoping you can help my problem. I am quite good with computers for my age, but i can't seem to fix my computer. About 4(?)days ago my computer contracted a Trojan. AVG came up and announced that a few threats were detected and it healed them. I ran a scan with AVG and it picked up 4 trojans and about 4000(!!) dropper files with common movie and film names. eg. even almighty, etc. I told AVG to heal these files and no error occured. but then after this my system is increasing slow and i ran a scan with Spybot AND also the Lavasoft antispyware, and while The lavasoft one was scanning, i observed what it scanned, and it scanned through the 4000 movie named files, showing that they are still on my system. i also think the trojans are still there. umm im a little confused between them lol. but i was wondering if you can help me with my laptop and increasing my speed again.

i am running windows XP SP2, and this is a dell inspiron 1300 laptop.
i do have another windows XP installed on this partition but this is not why it is running slowly as it was running slowly before i installed this this morning. i was going to re-do/reformat but i was hoping to fix this OS as i only re-did my system around 5 months ago.

thanks,
Jess

Edited by jessieRAWR, 08 December 2007 - 08:22 PM.

Advertisements