Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

gaming error , memory read

• Please log in to reply

epics

epics

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
well, i've been getting this memory read error on a game ive been playing called Rakion. ive looked it up online and icant seem to find an error like mine. here is a screenshot. i've got 2 gigs of ram and my pc isnt over heating... im not sure what it is.

Posted Image

Advertisements

epics

epics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
i notice once it happens, it happens more frequently the next time.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
how long does it take to happen the first time? What happens if you reboot your pc?

epics

epics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
well, now it happened soon as i woke up this morning. maybe a few minutes in... i have an ATI radeion 1650 card, if that also helps.

EDIT: gave up googling for the problem, i just run into dead ends ands tuff about network 1.1 when i have the updated version..

Edited by epics, 08 December 2007 - 08:51 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
this kind of problem is software related. IT happens when something in the software tries to access a memory address that is invalid or has been reallocated to something different. This can occur for any number of reasons.

Have you performed any basic computer cleanup?

To cleanup your temp file:
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 onlyDouble-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

Next Lets Check your Hard Drive for Problems:
run the chkdsk command to check for problems.

To do this:

Step One
: Click Start, select Run

Step Two: In the box, type cmd

Step Three
: Click Ok

Step Four: Run the chkdsk utility by typing in the following command:

chkdsk c:

..or

chkdsk c: /f /r

NOTE: The /f command automatically fixes any errors encountered, the /r command locates bad sectors and recovers readable information.

NOTE: I am also assuming the drive you wish to check is the C: drive.

Step Five: A reboot is normally required for the chkdsk program to lock the disk and run correctly (this is typical on machines that have only one volume), so simply restart the computer and chkdsk will run automatically. When it's finished, (This process can take quite a while depending on the size of your disk, etc.), it will boot back to normal Windows.

After all this is completed, please run a Defrag on your hard drive.

Once this is all completed please restart your computer and try again.

epics

epics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
will try that tonight starting now, thanks to the stuff i've learned on this website i spent 6 hours today fixing up some other peoples PC's! i love this website :)

epics

epics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
alright i just did everything on that list, before i used ATF i used to use CC cleaner. Still got the error -.-. any other ideas on what it could be ? or a program that can tell me / monitor the computers actions so we can locate it

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
no. you can try uninstalling/reinstalling the game and see if that helps. However, the best that I can recommend is that you contact the game developer and see if they can be of assistance.

epics

epics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
well ive msg'd them, they think its a direct X problem so i sent them my diagnostic. i got the strange feeling i wont be getting this fixed from them. >< i can hope so

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
Try doing a complete Reinstall of the game

unistall the game and then delet the game folder from program files

Then reboot and reinstall

Patch to latest version??

Also update to latest version of direct X (but you probs already have)

Not sure what else to do i remebr having this before but on startup not sure how fixed it thoe :S

SpuD