Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

svchost.exe: Allow inbound connections?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm new to the forums and am really glad to have found it!

I've recently formatted my pc and installed Eset Smart Security, and I'm getting a lot of connection requests from svchost.exe, both inbound and outbound.

A friend told me to allow both of them and this morning I've noticed the AntiVirus has picked up and quarantined an Adware called Win32/Adware.Virtumonde that has infected svchost.exe and swdsvc.exe

I'm not sure what to do now, should svchost.exe be allowed any connection?

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You should download and run the free 'HijackThis' from here: http://www.spywarein....php#hijackthis

Post the logfile only on the following forum area and one the malware experts will respond: