Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Command and Conquer Zero Hour

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have both generals and zero hour. My problem is that zero hour does not load, for some reason.

when i try to run zero hour i get to the splash screen (it looks like its loading) and then after 20 seconds or so it closes itself.
I don't have the same problem with Generals.

I'm currently running W.vista

ive looked on under forums with a lot of poeple having the same problem..
there was some suggestions posted but they never worked, here are the ones i tried:

- Compability mode: windows xp, windows 2000, windows 98

- deleting map folder in "users"

- uninstalling and reinstalling

quick summary:

Problem: Zero hour does not start up
running: windows vista

system specs:
intel® pentium D CPU 3.00Ghz 2.99 Ghz
ram: 1022mb
system type: 32-bit
and my base score is 3.7 on windows vista, well more thats needed to play the game.

thanks for your help :)

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have the exact same problem !!
except that the "splash screen" doesnt even last for 20seconds....it looks like its goona load and in abt 5seconds it just comes back to the desktop like nothing happened !!

i am also using vista with 32bit OS
RAM is 4.00 GB
Processor is the intel core 2 duo
but my base score is 3.4 which i think is good enough cause the Generals game works just fine

can someone help out :)

and "Laptop-noob" have u figured it out :)

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I know it's been 3 years but I really need help too. I got the same problem. Probably you're thinking that nobody plays generals now but I need it. THANK YOU