Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

graphics problems with evga 8600gts.

• Please log in to reply

Rechkalov7

Rechkalov7

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
Greetings,

i recently bought a 8600gts from evga. I have installed the latest drivers on your site. My problem with the card is that i have problems with the graphics, i see some round shapes with black lines all over on the images moving all over when i play some games, like battlefield 2. I had no problems with my graphics before with a bfg tech 6800gt and i moved to 8600gts thinking it was going to give me less lags in games and a better fps. The specs of my pc are p5b asus mtb, intel e6600 2.4 dual core processor with antec box and 350w psu. Could the problem come from my psu? I know it,s at the limit but i bought it cause i knew the 8600 was allowing me to play without changing my psu.

Thanks.

Advertisements

Rechkalov7

Rechkalov7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
mmmmm,

help forum huuummm? :)

mozzer11

mozzer11

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Do you know what brand the PSU is?

Rechkalov7

Rechkalov7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Hi,

well the brand, i don't know it was in the box it's from antec, the model of the box is slk 1650b.

Thanks.

Rechkalov7

Rechkalov7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Hi,

it's probably a smart power since this is what comes with the box. I chosed the 8600gts cause i'm waiting for the 8800gts to come down in price and i knew i was supposed to be able to play the games with a 350w even if it's the minimum requirements for that card. I was thinking to go for a 700w ocz. The thing is that i had the same problem with a geforce 8500gt with no pci-express connector so i think the problem might come from somewhere else.

Thanks. :)

Edited by Rechkalov7, 09 December 2007 - 09:13 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you either are under powering your video card and need to upgrade your power supply,
or you don't have the additional power connector connected on the video card.

Since your system is pretty decent, I would upgrade the power supply. This will allow you to upgrade to a better video card later on.

Rechkalov7

Rechkalov7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Hi,

well i don,t know what aditionnal connector you're referring to but i can tell that the pci -express connector of the psu is well plugged in the card. If i want to change my card later for a 8800gts or gtx would a ocz 600w be enough to power it up?

Thanks.

Edited by Rechkalov7, 10 December 2007 - 10:59 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
yes, that would be a good choice

Rechkalov7

Rechkalov7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Problem solved,

i installed the drivers from evga for the card and everything is ok, except that there are lags in the game like usual.

andrew brunner

andrew brunner

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

you either are under powering your video card and need to upgrade your power supply,
or you don't have the additional power connector connected on the video card.

Since your system is pretty decent, I would upgrade the power supply. This will allow you to upgrade to a better video card later on.

that card doesnt requried an extra power cord