Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with logon logoff loop?

• Please log in to reply

wsarepair.exe? what? ahh!

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Ok so I have a logon/logoff loop when I logon to any of the accounts (NOTE the ones with passwords will not even go through, they won't even logon) I have tried safe mode and admin. to no avail! I have tried doing the recovery console "copy userinit.exe wsaupdater.exe" and it does not work!!! Any suggestions?

Edited by wsarepair.exe? what? ahh!, 08 December 2007 - 11:52 PM.

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Corrupted user database, I might guess. I think you should reformat. Can't find any related info on your condition.

~Kelvin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Corrupted user database, I might guess. I think you should reformat. Can't find any related info on your condition.

~Kelvin

I dont know but all i know is that all my accounts when i logon it shows the background then it just logs me off. Also like i said i have tried the userinit.exe thing! Does anyone have any clue what else i can do?

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Try this link. Just found it - it might help you solve your problems.

EDIT: Sorry, hyperlink didn't work. Link:

http://labmice.techt...gXP/startup.htm

~Kelvin

Edited by Kelvin, 09 December 2007 - 07:56 AM.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I am just giving up on trying to fix it the files on there are not worth it! Does anyone know how to use a ghost i am confused about it?

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Ghost? What do you mean? Using ghosts like Norton Ghost and stuff?

Also, if you have any crucial data, take the HD, plug it into another computer and put the files you need into another partition/on another HD.

~Kelvin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
UPDATE ON: logon logoff loop i was able to get userinit.exe from my friend and copied it onto a floppy. went into recovery console and put "copy a:/userinit.exe c:/windows/system32/userinit.exe" then i exited and restarted the computer and clicked on one of my accounts and it sets at "loading your personal settings..." for like a minute. Next it shows my background and just sits there. i boot in safe mode, admin, ect. and it does the samething. Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it?

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Means explorer.exe is acting up. When you boot to your background, press CTRL+ALT+DEL. Select the Processes tab and see whether explorer.exe is there. If it isn't, switch back to the Applications tab and select New Task. Enter explorer.exe in the prompt.

~Kelvin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have tried CTRL+ALT+DELETE nothing. Also i am not sure wheather it is important but when the computer was working all the sudden files were being quarenteened left and right. Thats when it got ugly none of my programs would work so i shut it down and rebooted. When i did thats when the loop started. I dont know if thats important but CTRL+ATL+DELETE wont work!

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Do you know when this started to happen ? If yes
Boot to safe mode & do a system restore to a time before you had a problem.
1.Click Start.

2. Point to All Programs.

3.Point to Accessories.

4.Point to System Tools.

5. Click System Restore.

6.Follow the instructions on the wizard.
Pick a time before it started to happen.
Cheers
Peterm

DrLucky

DrLucky

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
yeah, Im going through the same thing (I already have a thread about it)

but my problem came about after I had done an antivirus scan and it deleted/moved a lot of files...

If you have the ssame prob as mine, then a repair wont work... If someone posts on my thread, I'll let you know what worked.

muse57

muse57

• Pip
  • 1 posts

~Kelvin

I have the same problem. It happened when I stupidly deleted userinit.exe when BoClean said there was a Trojan, F/P.

Now my computer loops, can't get past the first page. Am awaiting a tech for $150. and have tried BoClean's workaround, did not work.

That was booting in repair from XP disc.

Help, anyone?

tlafleur

tlafleur

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I also am having this problem... found a NTOS.EXE program, deleted it and now I get the auto login-logout problem
xp sp3

let me know what you find...