Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Keeps Disconnecting!

• Please log in to reply

networkz

networkz

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Okay well, the problem arose last week as my internet kept disconnecting(just me) every 2minute or so and connect back. So I called my ISP provider that day and told me to "refresh" as in unplug everything and plug it back in. And it worked.

Fast forward to today when the same thing happened, so I tried to do the unplug/plug method TWICE and both times, no luck. This time, both of my other computers are disconnecting with me, the previous problem was just me disconnecting. I've got someone to look at my WinPFind3 Logs and it doesn't seem to be any problems with my computer.

I'm directly connected from ISP -> Modem -> Computer instead of using the Router, so only my computer has internet, while the other computers doesnt.

I called the my ISP today and they said nothing is wrong with it, the connection from the cable modem hasn't dropped since November.

So I'm not sure exactly what's wrong =/ I'm hoping someone here has any idea that can help me =(

Thanks guys!

Advertisements

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
You could try the repair option in network connections.
Choose the internet connection - right click it and click repair.

Or it could be the modem, how old is it?

networkz

networkz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Modem is like umm 5yrs or so?

My router(US Robotics) is like 2-3 years