Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Upgrade from XP

• Please log in to reply

Jaitan

Jaitan

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Greetings;

My win xp has windows update errors including msn messenger errors re startpoint ...and i tried
several times to repair it using the original CD but..the win update errors remains.

So I am wondering if I buy a win Vista upgrade version if Vista will install properly with all those XP update errors existing?...or will I have to buy the full Win Vista program to have an error free operating system.

Thanks

Jaitan

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
To be honest with you, in my experience, I have have never had an upgrade go well with ANY Operating System. For your best bet, I would back up all of my data and then do a clean install of Vista. Good luck :)

Jaitan

Jaitan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Thanks...

I am glad I asked..was wondering about that...

Regards;

Jaitan

deathninja

deathninja

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
The cool thing is you can do a clean install with an upgrade DVD.

Boot to the Vista DVD and install it without putting your cd-key. When Vista boots up "upgrade" your Vista install with the same DVD only this time put in your key.

This way you don't have to even bother with the XP install anymore.

Good Luck :)

Jaitan

Jaitan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Thats awesome...thanks so much!..I will do just that :)

Regards;

Jaitan