Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

boot up problem with XP

• Please log in to reply

oddly familiar

oddly familiar

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello. My computer wont boot up regularly. whenever I turn the computer on it goes through the first couple of screens then once it gets to the XP loading screen the little bar will just stop. I can boot up in start mode and I ran all the virus scans and even tried a system restore. When I restored it to a couple months back it loaded up right but was extremely slow, then it stopped working again. Everything just froze up and i had to turn the computer off. When I boot it up again it the blue bar freezes and I'm back to square one. I don't have a back up disk or the install for xp either. Any ideas?

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
When you boot into safe mode, go into the control panel and then into Administrative tools. Open the Event viewer. Look each section and report back the events that have red circles with white x's.

Thanks.

oddly familiar

oddly familiar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the quick reply. This little problem is really cutting into my WoW time.

Under the Application section there where 3 Errors that said

Error 12/9/07 8:42:37 PM ESENT General 490 N/A DC1VF1B1

and under system there where 3 that said

Error 12/9/07 7:15 PM DCOM None 10005 SYSTEM

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Ok, well first I'd like for you to run a virus and spyware scan. See THIS port for that.

Also, have you used any kind of registry tweakers recently?