• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Removed

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
hudihoo I removed your reply not sure what your suggesting has to do with the removal of a specific infection and a tool that has proven itself over and over again.

Please refrain from posts like this in the future. If you want to respond to malware issue I suggest you see if you can get yourself back in GU go through the entire training program

bsmsmedic

bsmsmedic

• Pip
  • 3 posts
T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U S-O M-U-C-H!!!!

I had a "unknown trojan" causing me havock and McAfee etc could not get rid of it, but your program worked in seconds! Thank you so much!

I wonder if i should restore some fp files (in C:\WINDOWS\prefetch) that i deleted because they seemed to have been created at the same time i got the trojan - is that significant? should i restore them?

Thanks again. Amazing.

J

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Windows will rebuild the prefetch as you use the computer. No big deal :)

Glad you got your issue resolved :)

bsmsmedic

bsmsmedic

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My girlfriend logged into her account on the laptop yesterday (after i had removed the trojan) and she tells me that a McAfee sign popped up to say that it had found a trojan and distroyed it! Ummm, well when i used McAfee to find it two days ago it couldn't find anything, and only after using your tool did i managed to remove the trojan.....so why do you think McAfee said that it had found it?!

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Hi bsmsmedic
It may have been in the quarantined files section but to check it out

Please run through the steps outlined in this Topic
Post back a fresh log in the Malware forum please

bsmsmedic

bsmsmedic

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Essexboy,

I don't think i need to post in that topic - the torjan was removed by geekstogo.com's removal tool so i am not worried that it is still around, i was just confused by McAfee trying to suggest it had distroyed it when it clearly hadn't (as this webite's tool did!). It just seemed odd that McAfee only appeared to know about once it had been removed. If that makes sense?!

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Dependant on which tool you used the quarantine folder may still be on your computer. Which is where your AV belatedly found it

rayofsunshine

rayofsunshine

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Fantastic job, system runnining like a dream many thanks for the advice. Now a member

Advertisements

deepakv2u

deepakv2u

Spammer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
:)

Edited by Excal, 05 March 2008 - 08:15 AM.
removed spam

suomi8

suomi8

• Pip
  • 2 posts
What about Trojandownloader:win32/monnet?
What should i do to get rid of this nasty virus?

prylwd

prylwd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey I accidentely downloaded this on a friends Toshiba lap top. It started freaking out then he started freaking out. Scanned it with Norton & eventually took it to Best Buy. Do you think they will know how to fix this?????

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
You could fix it yourself or ask for help in the correct forum, probablly they will reformat and reinstall as it easier for them that way. But I could be doing them a disservice

Please follow all of the steps in this section of the Malware Forum. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum. Should you post in that forum please do not respond to your own topic. Our Malware Staff look for topics to help out in that have no responses. The Malware Forum is very busy with many more requests for help than we have volunteer helpers, so please be patient. If you have not had a response to a topic after 3 days then please go to the Waiting Room and read the pinned topic for instructions.

LIHK

LIHK

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you! This took care of the whole problem in seconds! Wish I could have found you earlier! I wasn't able to open up any related searches from google with my infected laptop. They all came up as 'website not found'. So I had to use my desktop. Spent 2 days searching for and trying out removal tools, including manually (which took forever & didn't work!). However, this virus didn't come from IEDefender. It was from Files Secure. Thanks again!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.