Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

copying a dvd-r to a computer?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm attempting to make a DVD for a children's Christmas program from raw footage, as well as an existing footage from a DVD that was burned onto a DVD-R. I'm having trouble trying how to figure out how to copy the DVD-R to the computer. I downloaded a trial version of Corel DVD Copy 6. It says that the disc in the drive was not compatible. When I open the DVD-R via My Computer, it shows me the Audio & Video folders. I'm working with Windows XP Professional (w/ service pack 2). And although this may be totally irrelevant, I have Pinnacle Studio 10, as well as Windows Movie Maker.

I also have an iMac (Tiger installed) with iMovie, as well as DivX, that I can use, if needed to extract and transfer files (though I was hoping I could do it all on the windows machine). I would just use the Mac, but I need Pinnacle's software to extract the footage from an analog camera, and it's not Mac compatible.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you. :)

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Try using a ripper, like this one here.

I hope it helps.