Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Website Blocker

• Please log in to reply

adamdillon

adamdillon

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
I have a mid-sized network consisting of 10 computers and 1 server. The server has windows server 2003 and on of the other computers has xp pro. All the other ones have xp home. I want to be able to control all of the computers with xp home so that they can only go to certain website, about 4. Is there software that can make this possible? Thanks ahead of time.

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
You could either do this with the hosts file or with a firewall such as WIPFW. I've used wipfw to block all access to the internet and only allowed several websites before, but the hosts file will be ok for your needs.

There maybe some software applications that can do this, but those two solutions are free. :)

Edited by Gravity Gripp, 10 December 2007 - 09:47 PM.