Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing HID Module

• Please log in to reply

Sarah.D

Sarah.D

• Pip
  • 7 posts
System Info:
Sony Model VGNFS760/W
Windows XP Professional

None of my keyboard shortcuts work anymore, so I went to the services directory and went to check on Human Interface Device Access, and it's on automatic, but it wasn't running. So, I asked it to start and it couldn't, and brought up a pop-up stating:

Could not start the Human Interface Device Access on Local Computer.
Error 126: The specified module could not be found

I recently sent it for service to Sony for a hardware problem so I'm not sure what happened to it in their care, but I'm guessing it was deleted somehow. How do I fix this?

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
I'm using a VGN-FJ57GP and the S1 and S2 keys are working for me, though I tried to enable the HIDA and also got the same error. Does the S1/S2 keys on your laptop work? Because I don't think it's a problem with the HIDA - I don't have this problem. Not sure if you've got a corrupted driver though. Might help to check.

~Kelvin

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Hi Sarah D
Are you in any of these countries ?
United States, Latin America, or Canada. If yes have a look at this
Click on me
This restores hot keys ( I assume that is your problem hot keys not working)
DO NOT use this if you are not in one of the countries listed. If you live somewhere else come back.
Cheers
Peterm