Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Another Font Size problem

• Please log in to reply

Cryhavoc

Cryhavoc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've read through some other problems but they don't seem to be the same thing I'm having trouble with. The problem only seems to occur when I'm browsing Newegg.com. Most of the pages have the font size I've set, but occasionally I will get a page to load with greatly increased font size. If I reload the page, it will load the correct size(sometimes I have to reload several times to get it corrected). Again, this only happens with Firefox while browsing Newegg.com.

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
If you want to set the font size, use CTRL + (+) and CTRL + (-). No need to force refresh. I get that problem in my Windows Live Mail account too sometimes.

~Kelvin

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Not all browsers including Firefox will show the exact font size the web designer intended. If you use IE with Windows, you get a 33% font increase no matter what size font the page states. It's a quirk of the combination. Since most, if not all browsers by now, allow control of the font size from the View menu or, as Kelvin stated, via shortcut keys, you will find it hard to get the same font size depicted from browser to browser and/or page to page. Other font characteristics will have an effect on readability too. (See Font Conversion from Points to Pixels, Ems and %)

Check out:
A side-by-side comparison of text styles

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 10 December 2007 - 09:51 PM.