Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

High Pitched Voices of characters when playing a video

• Please log in to reply

dunnowhat2do

dunnowhat2do

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Help! I was watching a movie on my computer using Total Video Player when I noticed that the voices of the characters were high pitched. I thought that it was just something that I can adjust in controls but I couldn't get their voices back to normal. I know that the movie files that I watch on my computer are okay coz I played them before and found no problem about it. My brother tried downloading a K-lite codec something to fix it but its still the same. Please help. The movie drama that I am watching is already becoming a comedy because their voices sound as if they have inhaled a balloon full of helium. :) Any help is welcome. I have no idea what to do anymore.

Pam

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
One of two things has happened. One is the software has gone wacky and is causing the problem. The only recourse is the uninstall the software and reinstall to see if it corrects the problem. You have not mentioned if any other sound software still works in the computer? Windows media player? sound recorder? real player? Does the movie sound the same on a DVD player on a TV? If it is a hardware problem, and you have built-in sound you can buy a slightly better sound card and switch the computer to using it to correct the problem.

Heres where to get some cheap sound cards. You will have to disable the on-board sound in the computer bios to be able to use a sound card (after installing the drivers).

http://www.directron.com/sb0570vp.html

http://www.directron.com/sndp8ch.html

http://www.directron.com/sbtsp6c.html

Top one is the best but you can decide what price you want to pay. All 3 are better than on-board sound.

SRX660

dunnowhat2do

dunnowhat2do

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
hmm. let me check. I have noteworthy composer and yet that plays ok. my movie files are in the computer so i have no way of knowing if it plays ok on a dvd player on tv. but i know that it plays ok before. I am not sure if its my speakers that has the problem but I will try to do what you said. with windows media player, it also sounds awful. :) my audio speakers are the realtec something brand but i am not sure of the soundcard. sorry. really an idiot in computers. :)