Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Flash Drive

• Please log in to reply

Bonfire

Bonfire

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hi, I hope I am in the right area for this question. I just bought my first flash drive today and I know how to plug it into the computer and remove it. My question is how to use it. I just got one of those Pandigital frames and the USB cord they supplied with it does not work as I found out most people were having the same problems with all the reviews I read on it. So I went and got the flash drive and I need someone to explain to me how to go about putting the pictures I want onto the flash drive. I want to be able to choose only certain pictures to do this., so I don't want to move the entire file to the flash drive. The guy at Radio Shack said something about opening a window and doing the drop and drag. Not sure how to do that either! Also I wanted to know if I put pictures on the flash drive will they still be on the computer too? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have Windows XP. Thanks

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Oh. Congrats on getting one. :)

Now,
1.) Open My Computer and navigate to the folder where the pictures are stored.
2.) Open another My Computer window and stack it over the previous opened one. If you need a screenshot, tell me.
3.) Hold CTRL and click ONCE on each picture you want in your flash drive.
4.) Right click while still holding CTRL, and select Copy.
5.) Navigate to your flash drive with the newly opened folder, and right click the folder anywhere.
6.) Select Paste.

After doing so, wait for a while if you're copying a number of pictures. Once it finishes, the Copying... box will disappear.

~Kelvin

Bonfire

Bonfire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Oh. Congrats on getting one. :)

Now,
1.) Open My Computer and navigate to the folder where the pictures are stored.
2.) Open another My Computer window and stack it over the previous opened one. If you need a screenshot, tell me.
3.) Hold CTRL and click ONCE on each picture you want in your flash drive.
4.) Right click while still holding CTRL, and select Copy.
5.) Navigate to your flash drive with the newly opened folder, and right click the folder anywhere.
6.) Select Paste.

After doing so, wait for a while if you're copying a number of pictures. Once it finishes, the Copying... box will disappear.

~Kelvin

Bonfire

Bonfire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Thanks so much Kelvin for your quick response. I am going to try this in the morning and I will let you know if I am successful!
Thanks

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
No problems. Have fun with it! :)

~Kelvin

Bonfire

Bonfire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Sorry Kelvin, I don't know what I am doing wrong but it's not working for me. I put the flash drive in, went to My Computer and I saw where the drive was, then I went to the pictures and did what you said (I think!), I held the CTRL down and clicked on a picture and went to copy then went back to My Computer but I couldn't do any pasting. You said navigate to your flash drive with the newly opened folder and right click on the folder anywhere, but there is no folder. Is there suppose to be a folder for the flash drive? I've never done anything like this before and it's all greek to me! I read where some people just did a drop and drag onto the flash drive, but I can't figure out how they did that either. I mean how can you drop and drag if you can't have the picture page and the flash drive page all on one page!!! Anyway I don't suppose you could come over here and show me how it's done! LOL! Just kidding! This has to be easy and I am just making it difficult but I really do not understand.

Bonfire

Bonfire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I'm in shock! I finally got a picture in but don't ask me how I did it, because I don't have a clue! LOL! I was playing around with it and decided to put the drive in the picture frame and the one picture came up so I went back to the computer and tried to put another one and I couldn't remember what I did! Help! And thanks for putting up with me!!!

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
No probs, I don't mind. Hang on while I make you a screenshot.

EDIT: Done. Look here. It should provide you with sufficient info on how to do so.

http://i146.photobuc...ntitled-1-2.jpg

If you don't mind, the picture's a bit large..

~Kelvin

Edited by Kelvin, 11 December 2007 - 05:39 AM.