I now have a new problem
I have an External Hard Drive, and I use it daily. I have used it on many different computers and never had an issue to use it on my computer afterwards.
Tonight my friend came over and we plugged the HD into her comp, and we were able to look at some files, and transfer some to hers.
Then we turned off her comp and my HD, and afterwards I went to plug it into my computer. I got a message saying that the USB device was not recognized...?!?!
I tried it on another computer and the same thing happened.
Here are some things I have noticed:
1. The USB port does recognize my Hard Drive
2. Under "my computer" the drive is called "Local Drive H" when it is usually the name of my External HD...
3.When I click on the Local Drive H, there is nothing in it!
4. When I want to "safely remove device", the computer does recognize that I have the External HD plugged in
5. IN the Local Drive H, I clicked on properties and I found that the External is recognized and it says that it is working normally...??
6. Every once in a while there is a clicking noise that was never there before
7. I tried plugging it into different USB ports, and I even tried different cables and it is still the same. I also tried restarting my comps, and also leaving the External HD turned off for a while...still nothing..
I have thousands of files, and most are backed up apart from some photos and music from the past 2 months...so I hope this can be easily fixed, or I can at least get those files off..