Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

outlook 2003 hyper link

• Please log in to reply

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
I have a hyperlink in outlook 2003. Till yesterday it worked well.
Now when I press it I got a message 'choose the browser to open this with' (This is a translation from hebrew so it might not b exact) and opens a search window to find an exe file. I went and chose the internet explorer. now when I press a hyper link I get the iexplorer open with an unable open.

How can change this setting and what should I change it to?

Advertisements

Damien Kane

Damien Kane

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
There's a lot of explanations. Hope one of these work:

1. Obviously, make sure you're on the internet
2. I'm not a fan of Internet Explorer - try Firefox, Netscape or Opera instead. Netscape is very similar to Firefox these days.
3. Check the hyperlink is valid (right click on the hyperlink -> edit hyperlink, copy the address and paste into a browser). If this doesn't work, it'll probably be the hyperlink.
4. Check your firewall and that you haven't blocked the parent application Microsoft Word from connecting to the internet through Internet Explorer. If you blocked it, change the firewall to allow the parent, or delete it altogether, try again, and click allow.

vally

vally

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
1. The computer is part of a network

2. The problem is with the outlook not the browser. The outlook asked how to open the link. If I could change the definition then I could play around and find a solution

3. The link is ok. When it opens it there is about 20 '0' before the name and a few after.

4. The fire wall is not blocking any thing