Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Secondary drive 0 not found/NIC failure

• Please log in to reply

gkjin

gkjin

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys , well i'm having some problems with my computer . Here it goes :

At first i was playing Warcraft III and it lagged really really badly so i decided to turn it off pressing the power button for 10 secs . When the comp rebooted , came the XP logo screen where a white bar will load for aprox 1 second or so . But this time , it took me 10 secs or more . After it loaded , came a black screen saying : secondary drive 0 not found , NIC failure , strike F1 key to continue , F2 to run setup utility . I realise i cant use my cd-rom , when i press the button the tray wouldnt come out . But after it rebooted , it seems my computer is running fine . Oh about the NIC , yes my network card is spoilled , i'm using a USB lan to connect , but the msg didnt appear until now .

Btw , my comp is XP pro version 2002 service pack 2 . Any ideas whats going on ?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
your CD drive may have been active (i would assume if the game runs off of CD) when you kicked the computer....which it may not have agreed with the whole process and thrown up an error when the machine started booting again...you say the drive is working now though right?

for the NIC...is it built into the motherboard? if so...boot into bios and find the section about integerated peripherals....find the NIC and disable it there

gkjin

gkjin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Errr , what i ment comp working well as in the software etc are alright but the cd rom is still having some problem . How do i disable the NIC ?