Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Making a Clean Start

• Please log in to reply

JmatthewD

JmatthewD

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm looking to uninstall everything on my system and then reinstall it again, as I do not need the files on it. Would this be the easiest way to get rid of all the problemsconnected with the system?

If so how do I go about it, I need fairly detailed questions as I'm a bit of a PC newbie.

Thanks in advance...

Advertisements

cobhcf

cobhcf

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Yes, Erasing everything will make ur system a clean slate. ;) .
To format and install Windows XP again, but before doing it check ur boot config if the primary boot device is CD drive. If it is not , change it to CD drive. If it is , well and good. Now
1) put the windows xp cd on ur cd drive
2) restart the computer
3) When the system asks if u want to boot from the CD, press any key
4) Windows will load files, wait
5) when the installation screen sppears and ask u if u wan to install xp, press whatever it says ;) (not able to remember)
6) Select the drive, u want to install windows to (most often it is the c: drive)
7) in the format options menu, select format and install option
8) choose quick format or full format (Quick format is faster)
9) Enjoi the show :)
10) follow the on screen instructions for setting time and passwords
11) Now u r done :)

Cheers! :tazz:

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Hi,
How long have you had your system and what problems are you having,it seems very drastic wanting to delete and re-install everything. :tazz: