Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Text Boxes not working in FF or Navigator

• Please log in to reply

KandiLyons

KandiLyons

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi.

I have created a form, well several, they work in IE and Opera just fine, but not in FF or Navigator. In IE and Opera I can fill out the boxes in the Form and Submit, everything shows in the email. In FF and Navigator for some reason I'm unable to click in the boxes and fill them out. Is there some code for FF and Navigator that I'm unaware of that needs to be placed into a form? Below is a couple of examples of what is written for some of the boxes. They are all pretty much written the same, if you need more info please ask. All help is appreciated. Thank you.

<tr>
<td width="25%">First Name</td>
<td width="75%"><input type="text" name="firstname" size="40"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="25%">Last Name</td>
<td width="75%"><input type="text" name="lastname" size="40"></td>
</tr>

All Radio Buttons, Drop Down Boxes, and Check Boxes work just fine in all the browsers I've tested them in. The only issue I'm having is getting the Text Boxes, and Text Areas to work in FF and Navigator.

Thanks again!

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Aside from the use of tables (ugh-LOL), I take it you have the form tags added. :) Threw this in my editor and it seems to work ok for me after dragging/dropping file into FF.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 11 December 2007 - 04:46 PM.

KandiLyons

KandiLyons

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Major Payne! I've looked for you, but you must not be around lately, or at least where I've looked! Ha-ha!

Well, I wrote about this issue on Webdeveloper, too. One response stated the same as you, they've had no problem, another respose gave an example that I tried, but I still had the same issue. It must just be me! :)

Well, anyway, I tried the page on two different computers with FF, thinking that maybe there is something wrong with my browser on the first, but unfortunately I'm still having the same issue.

:)

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
I would check the rest of the code to make sure that all tags are properly inserted, started and closed, and that your HTML meets W3C standards. FF & Navigator are going to look at the code MUCH more scrutinizingly than IE and Opera has it's own set of issues.

The problem may not so much lie in the specific area of code you presented, but in the entire code structure itself.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
KandiLyons,

I would have to partially agree with thenotch on this one. Maybe you could upload your source so that we could take a look at it.

Opera might be working fine if the DOCTYPE switch is not included in the HTML file. Although I wouldn't see why it working fine in Opera would mean there is a problem with the browser.

See the following link for more information about the DOCTYPE switch, including links to IE and Firefox DOCTYPE documentation:
The Opera 9 DOCTYPE Switches

You can determine what mode Firefox is using for the current page by entering the following script into the address bar of the browser:
javascript:alert(document.compatMode);

It should pop up either "BackCompat" (Quirks Mode) or "CSS1Compat" (Standards Mode) in Firefox.

Ax

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Problem was in the no right-script on the pages. Turning off JS in the browsers allowed it to work. Script will be removed from all pages since it is not that effective anyway.

Ron

KandiLyons

KandiLyons

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Yes, Major Payne is correct.

We discovered that I had a No Right Click JavaScript on my page that I had forgotten to remove. This script didn't affect Opera or IE, but it did affect FF and Navigator.

Thank you guys, for all of your help!

Ax238.....thank you for the link. I'm going to go have a look.

KandiLyons

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
:) Glad to have assisted!