Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Call of Duty

• Please log in to reply

georgewashington16

georgewashington16

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
I was wondering If I were to purchase Call of Duty 4 and an 8600gt, would I be able to play it maxed out? I have 1 GB of ram and a 3.4 Ghz pentium 4 processor. Thank you.

Advertisements

phatjo911

phatjo911

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
I'm assuming that you mean playable framerates (30+). By maxed out, do you mean AA too?

I don't think you can play it maxed out with a 8600gt.

Salku69

Salku69

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
need more ram too...

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
you will have a decent experience with that video card. However, if your looking for a new video card I highly recommend looking at the 8800GT. Its price/performance can't be beat.

If you have xp, then 1gig would be ok. still would recommend 2gigs of memory. If your running vista I strongly recommend 2 gigs of memory just to improve overall vista performance.

trikol

trikol

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I got a 8600gt and it is a really good graphics card, but you should get 2gigs of ram.

georgewashington16

georgewashington16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Okay thanks for all your help but I have a new problem now.:) My 7600gt will only play games about 3 minutes and on some games like TimeShift the game will crash during the loading shaders phase. I don't think the problem is my 7600gt because I put in my friends 7600gt and I still had the exact same problem. I tried reinstalling the drivers for each card and I still have the problem. :)