Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help Fixing computer

• Please log in to reply

mythicalillusions

mythicalillusions

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello. Okay so I haven been having trouble even turning my computer on. When ever I Push the power button. The main thing that usually comes up, does, and thats Dell Deminsion 2350 Bios Revision A00. And like normal I get that for about 2-3 seconds. After that its brings me to a screen that says and these are the exact words,

" We apoligize for the inconvience, but windows did not start succesfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders. Choose last known good configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to power failure or because the power or resert button was pressed or if you arnt sure what caused the problem, choose start Windows normally.

(options)
-Safe mode
-Safe mode with networking
-Safe mode with Command Prompt
-Last known Good Configuration (Your most recent settings that worked)
-Start Windows normally. "

So I did Press the Power button on my tower, to restart my computer about 5 minutes before this happened, because I was in a hurry and it was acting up. And that was in the options to press "start windows normally" So I tryed that, a few times. And it did nothing but bring me back to the same place. I also tryed the other options a couple times each. I have no idea what to do now, I need help! What can I do? Anything I can try to get it working again? do not have money to get it repaired! :) Anything anyonce can help me with so that hopefully I will be able to repair this myself? Would be very much appreciated! Thank you so much!

Edited by mythicalillusions, 13 December 2007 - 03:10 AM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Run chkdsk from Recovery Console:
Boot your XP CD. If you don't have one download either of these and create a bootable CD from the .iso file

XP Recovery Console
Another XP Recovery Console

At the first opportunity, enter R to start the Recovery Console. From the command prompt, enter:

chkdsk c: /p

mythicalillusions

mythicalillusions

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Run chkdsk from Recovery Console:
Boot your XP CD. If you don't have one download either of these and create a bootable CD from the .iso file

XP Recovery Console
Another XP Recovery Console

At the first opportunity, enter R to start the Recovery Console. From the command prompt, enter:

chkdsk c: /p

How would i put that .iso file on a cd? Means i have to have a blank cd?

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Well, with my Nero 7 essentials i can burn a ISO image to a CD just by clicking "data" disk, then clicking "Image, project", then clicking "create a image from a disk image". . I then find the rc.iso and burn it to a cd. I also use sonic and in sonic i click "copy", "burn image to disk" and choose the rc.iso to burn. Its really not hard to do at all and most burning software has help files to tell you how to do it.

You will need a blank CD and a cd burner in your computer along with the software to burn the CD.

SRX660