Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Save As Complete Webpage" doesn't.

• Please log in to reply

wynnyelle

wynnyelle

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Hi, it's me again. I have a brand new Dell PC XPS 420 running Vista home edition. The computer does everything nice and fast, but I do give it large {over 100 MB} HTML image-laden pages to save as complete. The browser {I have to use Firefox for this task, IE can't run the scripts I need to use} speedily saves the page as complete and says that it has finished, but when I click on Properties to count how many files it's saved it is always far short of what I know should be there. I have waited to make sure that Properties had fully loaded the page and it was all done saving before checking. Why isn't it saving the whole thing? I have yet to run into any memory issues with the computer, so that can't be it.

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello wynnyelle,

Well there's one thing that I can think of: If these images are referenced within the CSS files, neither Firefox nor any other browser will be able to get those images. You can use the save as web archive option in Internet Explorer. This saves the page as one single file though.

Regards,

Ax

wynnyelle

wynnyelle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
IE can't run the script I use to get the pages so it has to be Firefox. Also, it saves -some- of the images, then seems to quit midway through. Save as complete webpage works for smaller pages just not these. Again...I am mystified as to why.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
I do not know anything about the script that you are using, maybe you could care to explain?

wynnyelle

wynnyelle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
The script is a Firefox greasemonkey script for Flickr that allows scrolling down without having to jump to a new page.

At this time it seems the problem might not be my computer at all, but the search engine. Therefore it's out of my hands and my computer is fine. Thanks for your help!

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Glad you were able to get it figured out, at least what the problem is. Thanks for posting back with the added information, glad I could help.