Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how do i create a bootable cd from a .iso file?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mythicalillusions

mythicalillusions

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I asked a queston on here earlier and "rich" sent me this reply back:

Run chkdsk from Recovery Console:
Boot your XP CD. If you don't have one download either of these and create a bootable CD from the .iso file

XP Recovery Console
Another XP Recovery Console

At the first opportunity, enter R to start the Recovery Console. From the command prompt, enter:

chkdsk c: /p

________________________________________________________________________________

I was wondering how do I create a bootable CD from a iso. file. And does that mean I have to have a blank disk?? I don't so is there any other way? :) hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks

Edit: mythicalillusions you are being helped in this thread with your problem. Please do not start new topics relating to your problem .... ask your questions in your original topic where you will be assisted to completion. Duplicate or triplicate posts about the same problem will result in either unnecessary use of our voluntary staff and/or the possibility of your problem being ignored because of your abuse of our voluntary assistance.