Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Router Suggestions ASAP

• Please log in to reply

networkz

networkz

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
I'm contemplating on getting the Linksys WRT54G @ Best Buy for $54 + Tax

How is it? Is it good? Fast? etc?

The DIR-655 looks nice but my friend told me it's for commercial use and not that great for home, since it's too "powerful" and not worth the price.

It's like $170 + tax @ Best Buy right now

Is it worth the extra $120 to opt for the DIR-655 or should I just get the Linksys WRT54G

Do you guys have any other suggestions?

Planning to buy it within 14 hours!

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
WRT54G. Unless you're setting up a corporate network.

~Kelvin

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
If your computer does not have a wireless "N" card the "N" router will be a waste of $ as you will not benifit from the greater speed . you may get better range with the "N" router and a "G" card but not as much as if you have an "N" card. If $ is not a consern go with both "N" router and card for greater speed and range

networkz

networkz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Thanks guys!

I just bought the WRT54G :)

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Congrats :) We're here to help at all times if you'd like, just leave a post in the forums and we'll get to it :)

Hope you enjoy your new router. :)

~Kelvin