Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RSS Feeds?

• Please log in to reply

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
I would really love them, as the site's email notification seems like it's malfunctioning sometimes.. sometimes it takes 6 hours++ to even recieve a notification..

~Kelvin

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello Kelvin,

There is currently an RSS feed for each of the following forums:
How-To Guides and Tutorials Forum
Malware Removal Guides and Tutorials
Malware Removal - HiJackThis Logs Go Here
Windows Vista
Windows XP, 2000, 2003, NT
Windows 95, 98, ME
All Other Operating Systems
Hardware, Components and Peripherals
System Building and Upgrading
Networking
Office
Web Browsers and Email
Games
Console Games
Applications
Web Development
Software Development
Graphics Design
Video and Audio Editing
Random Discussion
Tech Discussion
Serious Discussion
Jokes and Forum Games

The only thing I have noticed is that only original posts get put into the RSS feeds, not responses. It would be nice to have responses in the feeds as well.

Regards,

Ax

Kelvin

Kelvin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Yeah, that was what I was mentioning about. Though, it'll help too. Could I know how to use it? I'm not really into RSS but just found a desktop widget to better inform me about what's happening on the forums. A freeware named Vista Sidebar :)

~Kelvin

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
I'm not too familar with the XP version of Vista Sidebar, but if it's anything like the original, check out the following link:
How to add an RSS feed to the Windows Vista Sidebar - Simplehelp

Ax

Kelvin

Kelvin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Anyway, I'm currently using this sidebar. Not the one you mentioned. =X

~Kelvin

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Understood, I was just showing you the link in case there were any similarities between the two.

Kelvin

Kelvin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Oh. Thanks then. I will read it.

~Kelvin

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
:)

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
RSS feeds are similar to subscribing to a forum. All the new topics are broadcast. Until recently the full content of the first post was included, but I just recently changed that. I think it's useful for forums with limited updates, and valuable information. For example the news and updates forum, or the guides and tutorial forums. I can't understand why anyone would want to subscribe the malware forum, or Windows XP feeds, but we make them available. If every reply was also broadcast, those RSS feed would be far too large to be useful (if they aren't already).

If you're topic reply notifications are not reliable, I'd first suggest whitelisting, or adding the email address [email protected] to your safe sender list. This varies depending on which email service / program you use. A much better method of monitoring your subscriptions is available in your control panel, View Topic Subscriptions.

I use Google Reader to manage my feeds.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Aww why'd ya change it! :) I liked it the way it was before. That's ok, I hadn't noticed it, as I've just been using the handy new "no replies" filter and View Topic Subscriptions.

I use Opera as my feed reader.

Kelvin

Kelvin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

RSS feeds are similar to subscribing to a forum. All the new topics are broadcast. Until recently the full content of the first post was included, but I just recently changed that. I think it's useful for forums with limited updates, and valuable information. For example the news and updates forum, or the guides and tutorial forums. I can't understand why anyone would want to subscribe the malware forum, or Windows XP feeds, but we make them available. If every reply was also broadcast, those RSS feed would be far too large to be useful (if they aren't already).

If you're topic reply notifications are not reliable, I'd first suggest whitelisting, or adding the email address [email protected] to your safe sender list. This varies depending on which email service / program you use. A much better method of monitoring your subscriptions is available in your control panel, View Topic Subscriptions.

Subscribing to those would help in quickly solving the member's problems for some staff? =D

Also, I've whitelisted the address. It still is like that.

I use that when I am browsing the forums and not when gaming. Thanks for the tip though.

Overall, I'd like to thank you guys for informing me wholly on this.

~Kelvin

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
:) Anytime, glad to assist!

Jayzeee

Jayzeee

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

This is slightly off topic, but useful to Firefox users, if you get the Better Gmail Add on, Google reader is intergrated into Gmail making it easier to access and manage your feeds.