Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Standard Backup Vs. Veritas

• Please log in to reply

fstech

fstech

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
My old topic got pruned from the system so I'm going to start another on a slightly different topic. My current backup system, Veritas 10, has not been backing up a server giving me the error message "Directory Could not be found or accessed". I reinstalled the remote agent as the previous person suggested and it did not work. I will try one more time removing the program completely, meaning looking for leftover folders, etc to get the program out before reinstall.

But...

Does anyone here know, if there are any, advantages to using Veritas Backup Exec over the backup program that comes with Windows 2003 Server? Looks like you can do the same things as far as what to backup, how, and when. So what's the difference?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
do you mean this topic: http://www.geekstogo...-0-t177171.html

fstech

fstech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
How did that get there? Lol, thanks for pointing me out to that.