Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

YouTube videos stuck on loading screen..

• Please log in to reply

ILoveDaniel

ILoveDaniel

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
For some reason, though in the past this didn't happen, my YouTube videos will not play, they just load. The only thing that shows up on the YT video is that little circular loading logo. I've looked at YT's FAQ and it's not the firewall or anything.

Please help me. :]]

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
YouTube has regular server outages due to the amount of data that people request from them in the form of videos.
Best leave it for the time being and try again later.

ILoveDaniel

ILoveDaniel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Hm..Well honestly it only does it to some videos. It doesn't do it to some of the videos in my favorites but some others it does. So it's just the server?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
More than likely. Videos don't all live on one server on YouTube, they're spread around a few of them. Therefore if one server falls over for any reason, all the videos on that server won't play.

ILoveDaniel

ILoveDaniel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Well that's a bummer.

Thank you for your response. :)