Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Security system

• Please log in to reply

andrewclone

andrewclone

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Ok, So I'm looking for someone who can tell me where I can find the following or something similar to it.

what I'm looking for is a surveilance station with a software that automatically pops up a window of a camera when that camera detects motion.

If you need more details please ask, I personally find my explanation unclear.

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Any good software can be set to do this. What kind of institution are you looking to purchase for?

andrewclone

andrewclone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Any good software can be set to do this. What kind of institution are you looking to purchase for?

Example.

I am the security company and I just put 4 cameras in each home and my computer pops up a window with the movement of a designated camera.

My boss is starting a surveillance company (I think)

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
See if you can find a link to what you're looking for here.

Ron

andrewclone

andrewclone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

See if you can find a link to what you're looking for here.

Ron

Ummmmmmm, thanks? I also need the hardware

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Some of those links led to the hardware, too. Didn't go through them all to see if buying the hardware included the software package too.

Ron

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Your boss is starting a security company but doesn't know about a standard part of most security softwares?

andrewclone

andrewclone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Your boss is starting a security company but doesn't know about a standard part of most security softwares?

He is thinking about it, he owns a realt estate buisness and already has the contacts you see. So this is an oportunity he has me looking into.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
The best thing he could do is work with an existing company who already knows what they are doing. Get in with someone specializing in IP security since thats where the market is heading. After a few jobs with this other company, he can go out on his own and do his own thing.

Starting a business from scratch when you don't know what you are doing is dangerous, especially with security since people will rely on you to protect them.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i agree with ScHwErV...if he wants to branch out into security he needs to find a partner that is already in the field....

if you just want to see what's "possible" with IP security systems check out Mosaic....these guys are making some great equipment and some REALLY sweet software (EXTREMELY detailed tracking with the cameras)....one of the facilities in my corporation has one of the full IVMS pacakges that they offer....if you walk in the front door with a briefcase...the front door camera will track you from your car to the office and notice that you're carrying something....then it will follow you through the office...out onto the production floor...then back out through the front door....if you walk out the front door without the item that you were carrying when you walked in...it will alert security then scan the facility with it's cameras to locate and identify whatever it was that you were carying....all by itself

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
I'm also familiar with Lenel that has many of the same features that dsenette talked about and then some. Its also capable of doing door access and cooperation between the two. We have all Axis cameras which work great with the Lenel software.s

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts

....if you walk in the front door with a briefcase...the front door camera will track you from your car to the office and notice that you're carrying something....then it will follow you through the office...out onto the production floor...then back out through the front door....if you walk out the front door without the item that you were carrying when you walked in...it will alert security then scan the facility with it's cameras to locate and identify whatever it was that you were carying....all by itself

New technology can almost be scary at times thats amazing

I am the security company and I just put 4 cameras in each home and my computer pops up a window with the movement of a designated camera.

You say he is in the real estate business what type residential ?

I manage commercial property and I wouldn't even touch trying to get into security for 2 reasons

1 - it will require 100% of your time and take away from your actual business plan

2- Liability- the biggest and greatest concern something goes wrong you own it.

As stated earlier its not something you want to jump into without having some sound knowledge of the business I have properties where I just have random patrols done and properties where I have 7/24 posted guard with CCTV.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Its also capable of doing door access and cooperation between the two

mosaic can do the same...it can integrate with existing mag-lock systems as well...really nifty stuff

andrewclone

andrewclone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Thank you for the links.

I cant really tell my boss not to do something. and there aren't any security companies in this area. Thank you for the advice.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Tell him we said he shouldn't do it. Ill take the heat for ya.