Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio problem

• Please log in to reply

watty147

watty147

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi

I'm new to this so i'm a forum virgin lol

My friend just recently purchased a laptop, an e-system 3115 laptop is what he tells me the name of it is.
I installed x.p for him and in order to get him online i asked for his driver disc, supplied by the place where he got it, for his wireless and audio to work.
Simple enough one would think but before his formatt took place i noticed he had realtek, same as myself, as his audio..... and when i tried to install his disc it wouldn't recognise it, said "audio not found" when trying to play a c.d. i have tried everything in my power, googled for drivers,,installed them, didn't work, ran the bios etc etc, ran a program that shows "unknown" devices, i ran it on his p.c and it gave me this...i see reatek is there on his laptop but it's not working,,picture is attached, zoom in on pic viwer to get a closer look,,,duh lol.

Posted Image

photobucket link for it is
http://s51.photobuck...nt=3bi12tmp.jpg

I am really stumped on this, and help would be greatly appreciated as i feel somewhat responsible for this happening to my friends laptop, pm me or reply here, thanks guys :)

Attached Thumbnails

• 3bi12.tmp.jpg

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
The only thing that I see that is Realtek based is his network card or NIC (Network Interface Card).

Have you checked the device manager to see if any icons have the yellow symbol on it?

Also, what program are you using in your screenshot?

Edited by Gravity Gripp, 12 December 2007 - 03:16 PM.

watty147

watty147

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Yeah dude, checked all that, he even had another guy look at it and he told me checked all that also.

The program to run the unknown device identifier?.. dont know really, found some guy saying it was a usefull tool on yahoo answers and he gave a link to it.

Just found it for yah whilst writing this msg.. here's the link, scroll down and u will see the download :) either one works i think as they look the same but i used the first one.

http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html

Oh and the realtek driver is called "realtek high definition audio driver R1.51" if that makes and diff, tried installing drivers online but it just wont work, thinking about formatting it for him again, what do you think? might just work.

Edited by watty147, 12 December 2007 - 03:49 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Gravity Grip was asking what program you use to capture the screen shots. They are very hard (impossible) to read.

Can you provide a screen shot of the Device Manager window with nothing expanded, even make it full screen if necessary, and another of the expanded Sound, Video and Game Controllers. Check to make sure they are readable before posting please.

watty147

watty147

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
ok ill try man,,,,as i said im new to this,,and my friend said he used print screen and then he sent me it over msn if you give me an email over pm i will send you the image he sent me if u like?

And i'll need to see my friend again to get that you are asking for,,,i know people say its for their "friend" when its not but this is the truth this time lol

Edited by watty147, 12 December 2007 - 06:33 PM.

mvo

mvo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all!
I'm having a problem with the sound on my Toshiba laptop and I would appreciate any help I can get. It is running on Windows XP
My sound works, but if my computer is loading a webpage or running too many things at once, especially msn, my sound goes all distorted.. and it almost makes a ringing noise. If I'm listening to a song and I open up a webpage while the music is playing in another window, it will make this ringing noise and play the song in almost a slow motion type thing until the webpage is fully loaded. I don't know what to do, and it's driving me crazy!!
Please help!! Does it having something to do with my sound? or is my processor?? or something else??
Thank-you so much...
If someone could reply to my e-mail, that would be great. I know I will have no idea how to find any replies to this message.
[email protected]
Thank you, thank you, thank you!