Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My PSU is not turning on?

• Please log in to reply

lreyes66

lreyes66

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Well im trying to turn on the fans in my case...i havent got all my parts for my new build in yet but all i want to do is turn on the psu soo i can see the fan and led lights in the case. Does a psu not turn on because its not connected to a mother board? or are they just dead :)

Advertisements

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
PSUs and fans are controlled by signals from the motherboard. They will not work without one.

lreyes66

lreyes66

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
doh ya i just found out google searching >_< jeez gotta return it now stupid me

lreyes66

lreyes66

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
how can i test it? i wanna test my original one cuz i was somewhat abusing it a bit over frustration :) can i jst plug it in the mobo w/o the cpu and ram?