Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

speakers problem.

• Please log in to reply

Rechkalov7

Rechkalov7

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
Greetings,

i bought a new computer near one year ago and i kept the same polk audio speakers since i liked them. The audio card for both computers are soundmax. my new computer is in repair now and i came back to my older computer and realised the sound was much much much better with the older computer, any idea where that could come from?

Thanks.

Advertisements

Damien Kane

Damien Kane

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
As an ex-Windows ME user and proud of it (I'll make no friends talking like that), I found that the sound was better for some awkward reason on the old operating system, rather than XP. Computers are stupid and funny like legless dogs. I personally think it's a driver issue, because I could get 'spatial surround sound' on my old Windows ME, but on XP, the option wasn't there.

Nowadays, I invested 50 bucks in a surround sound system which sounds even better!