Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SYSTEM PROCESSES

• Please log in to reply

marc_randles

marc_randles

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Seems to be alot

Attached Thumbnails

• processes.JPG

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Aside from the two hogging your resources (_avgas.exe and waol.exe), a lot of those are normal running processes. If you want to check them go here: TASK LIST PROGRAMS (including WinNT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista Services)

Related:
Speed up Windows XP
Services Guide for Windows XP

HTHs,

Ron

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Gaining control of your processes is perhaps the best way to really begin to understand your system. The better it is understood, the more useful (and fun) it is.

It would be a simple matter for one of us to simply say "Do this. Stop this. You don't need that." But it is your computer, and you have your own way of using it. Your needs and mine may be quite different.

To this end I posted a basic guide on Vox: http://doc1101.vox.com/
I have included web addresses of useful tools and information sites to help you manage your system. The 'links' are not live.(clickable) Copy and paste the URLs (http:\\......) to your browser address bar to view the referenced pages.

As you progress I'm sure that you will have specific questions. Feel free to post back to the forum with them and we will help you refine your control to suit your needs. Have fun 'getting under the hood.'