Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Adobe Acrobat 6.0 troubles

• Please log in to reply

kimkautzer

kimkautzer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
[FONT=Arial]I am trying to convert a Word doc into a PDF. It was created in Word as a booklet that prints on 8-1/2" x 11" but folds to 5-1/2" x 8-1/2".

If I click the "convert to PDF" icon in Word, Acrobat goes through the entire conversion process only to completely shut down both Adobe and Word at the end, leaving only my desktop. When I reopen Word, the document comes up as a "recovered document." It is not saved at all in Acrobat.

I also tried converting it through the print command, but it only converts page 9 of the doc. Not only does it not convert the rest of the booklet, it doesn't even convert the facing page 8. This seems weird, because pp. 8-9 are the centerfold pages of the booklet and should both print on the same side of the 8-1/2" x 11" sheet.

Let me interject by explaining that when I try to print a hard copy from Word, my printer first prints this same phantom page 9 before it begins printing the entire booklet in a normal fashion. Pages 8 and 9 will then print normally as part of the rest of the booklet.

Any suggestions?

Kim

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
what version of acrobat are you using? What version of word?

kimkautzer

kimkautzer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry--Acrobat 6.0 and Word 2000, in Windows XP.

Kim

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
if you open acrobat and go to help, then about it will tell you exactly what version you are running.

after that go to Adobe to download the patches. you will need to install them in incremental order:
6.01, then 6.02, then 6.03.

once thats done lets make sure word/office is updated. just got here and run office updates

Starjax