Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CSS Help

• Please log in to reply

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I guess you put it all back as it seems to be ok in my Firefox and IE browsers. It actually fits my screen as it should. Just what is your screen resolution? Are you having an horizontal bar show up at the bottom for you page?

I really hate having to suggest code changes to a page I would normally scrap and start over. :) Aside from the CSS changes, there are probably more needed in the main codes for the tables. Not only that, but you are going to have to make the changes to every one of your pages that is linked on the home page since there is no external CSS being used.

BTW, can you save that page with another name so you can at least restore it to the original?

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 17 December 2007 - 09:21 PM.

Advertisements

Alexa

Alexa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I'm a member of this site and this is bascially what I want my page to look like minus the stuff on the left hand side...

I don't want a page to fit the width of the screen.

http://z7.invisionfr...urner/index.php?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Now THAT site has a problem as the text runs off the right side with no horizontal bar to allow scrolling in Firefox. IE does bring up an horizontal bar so you can scroll to the right. Your site is much better then this as I do not see any wide problems in FF or IE, but since you aren't answering my questions, I'm at a lost as to why you have the width problem.

Ron

Alexa

Alexa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I don't want the tables and the headers that wide it's too big I must prefer the look of the site I linked in my last post. I just want to resize the tables and headers on my board I hate posting and having it run across an entire page it's just so wide like this site it's too wide as well. I'm not sure what question you asked me?

Alexa

Alexa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
NVM I just found a new skin and it did exactly what I wanted it to...

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
LOL. Lot easier that way some times. Have a great holiday season. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Ron