Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cann't run newly loaded program

• Please log in to reply

babyshaey

babyshaey

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have two problems, 1. my computer is telling me i need to shut down applications in order to run newly installed a Meastro learnignn inc programSUCCESS (ELEMENTARY EDUCAION SOFTWARE), because there isnt enough memory. To my knowledge there are no applications running, I checked task mananger and there is nothing running. So I tried to changed my start menu and the area to the lower right of the screen, where the printer, yahoo,and misc icons show up, in order to free up some of the memory and speed. i even removed a few of the games that were on here when
i recieved the computer. nothing worked, even my desk top reset itself until i finally tossed the short cuts in the recycel bin. every where else reset itself to chnge the assortment of items in the start menu, i couldnt even find where to start that process. There are alot of games on here could that be the problem? i checked my memory increased the vitural memory, it stated it is sufficient, but still when i try to run the above mention program from the desktop it still states there isnt enough memory shut down applications. What do I do, thanks. :) :) :)

Advertisements

mazuk

mazuk

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Could well be a corrupt file within the software you are trying to install? try re-installing that then if that doesn't work run the memory diagnostic tool in theory this should report a hardware problem if this is the case.

deathninja

deathninja

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Also, you might try installing the software in Admin mode, or compatibility mode (right click the install file for these options) . Is the software designed for Vista?