Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Inspiron 2600 laptop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have an inspiron 2600 laptop that has a password that I need to bypass. I thought I would change the jumper setting in order to bypass but I have never taken a laptop apart. Wow, it is like one of those compact cars with everything crammed into it. I can locate the jumper. First of all would this work and if so can anyone please tell me where it is located. I got a mess on my hands on tearing this thing apart. A thousand blessings on any one who can help me

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

If this is a harddrive password, then there is no way other than to send it back to an authorized repair depot along with a bill of sale to prove ownership and they will reset it.

If it is a BIOS or os password, then I am afraid we cannot help you there as we don't assist with bypassing or hacking passwords no matter how legitimate the request.