Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Site problems

• Please log in to reply

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Logo looks the same to me, do I need to clear my cache to see the new one?
James

Advertisements

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Probably... try hard refresh, CTRL-F5. I just saw it too, and it myself on the head for missing it.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Yeah, clearing the cache did it.
Logo looks great guys! Happy Holidays / Merry christmas everyone.
James

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Merry Christmas to you too :)

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
:)

*Fredil Yupigo is now not getting mail... has admin done more tweaking to anger Google? :)

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Just to clarify... you're using gmail, and not getting topic reply notifications?

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Well, I'm getting them... they're just a bit... sporadic.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
We recently added DomainKey authentication to our outbound email. This should greatly help with delivery to Yahoo and gmail. We're still working with Hotmail to improve delivery to their service.

Spammers make it increasingly difficult for legitimate email senders.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I'm using hotmail and haven't been getting any e-mails since the 27th. Any idea whats up?
James

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts

Any idea whats up?

Yup, Hotmail hates us! :)

From their reporting, I know Hotmail is blocking email from our email server as spam -- even though it's not. It's not even sent to the spam folder, or bounced. It just disappears. The IP address we're using on the new server, is recycled (as most are). It was previously used, possibly to send spam, and Hotmail most likely has it blacklisted. It's proven incredibly difficult to get it whitelisted. Especially, with the holidays. However, I've informed contacts I have at Microsoft, and hopefully we'll have it resolved soon.

Advertisements

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Gmail seems to be doing a bit better now - I'm getting about three quarters of my mail.

I'm just glad I hate Hotmail! :)

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

Any idea whats up?

Yup, Hotmail hates us! :)

From their reporting, I know Hotmail is blocking email from our email server as spam -- even though it's not. It's not even sent to the spam folder, or bounced. It just disappears. The IP address we're using on the new server, is recycled (as most are). It was previously used, possibly to send spam, and Hotmail most likely has it blacklisted. It's proven incredibly difficult to get it whitelisted. Especially, with the holidays. However, I've informed contacts I have at Microsoft, and hopefully we'll have it resolved soon.

:) Alright, good luck.
Just for curiosity sakes, why wasn't the old IP address available for use on the new server?
James

Edited by james_8970, 01 January 2008 - 03:16 PM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Possibly, but it didn't seem worth the hassle at the time (hindsight 20/20). We're with the same data center, but in a different building with different backbone providers. We chose it because it offers more features, specifically in the area of backups.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• GeekU Moderator
  • 69,964 posts
Hi Admin any idea as to when hotmail will love you again ? As I am still not receiving notifications

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
I'm afraid the only immediate fix is to use a yahoo, gmail or other free email acct. We're still waiting for Hotmail to resolve it.