Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Copy files to SharePoint

• Please log in to reply

drsnet41

drsnet41

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I was once shown how to make a configuration change that would alow me to view the Shared Documents section of a SharePoint site as if it were just another folder listed in Windows Explorer. With this feature in place I could place files in folders listed under Shared Documents the same way I could copy a file to a folder on my local hard drive. I have many files I need to upload to SharePoint and I don't want to go through the combersome SharePoint Upload procedures. With the feature I'm describing I can simply drag and drop.

I'm now on a new computer and not sure how to set this up again. I know it has something to do with Favorites but I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello drsnet41,

I believe you are talking about the SharePoint Explorer View. Microsoft has a Whitepaper for exactly this topic:
Download details: Whitepaper - Understanding and Troubleshooting the SharePoint Explorer View

Regards,

Ax