Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Low end Vista machine under $400

• Please log in to reply

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Never heard of the brand, and its from Walmart (shudders), but this computer certainly fits the price bill, no?

Advertisements

Doug

Doug

Visiting Consultant

• Topic Starter
  • Visiting Consultant
  • 872 posts
Thanks stettybet0,

I appreciate the thought.
That machine certainly gets realistic reviews from purchasers.
I think I'll pass.

Best Regards

turn 5

turn 5

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
How about this one?
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16883114037

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
sorry doug.....i've never had issues with HW from tiger....then again i've only bought barebones kits and individual componants.....really sorry that you got a lemon...but it's kind of the nature of the open box/refurb game.....doesn't make it any better though......wish i had an extra machine laying around that i could sneak into a fedex box for you :)

Doug

Doug

Visiting Consultant

• Topic Starter
  • Visiting Consultant
  • 872 posts
No problem Dsenette. Really.
I am genuinely impressed with the amount of support and good cheer being offered in this relatively minor thread.
Thanks to all!
Doug

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
I've got an old system here, it might run Vista... You can come pick it up for free :)
(Offer only available to Doug, system must be picked up from Australia) :)

So what's happening, are they going to replace it? Swap it for a different system? Give your money back?

Doug

Doug

Visiting Consultant

• Topic Starter
  • Visiting Consultant
  • 872 posts
They've sent an RMA authorization and will refund the purchase price.
The Shipping charges are on me at this time.
Once they receive the machine back, I can challenge the shipping charges for a refund.

The entire purchase was conducted through a bank card, so I'm fairly sure the refund will be safe.

Doug get's his compass and runs to the row boat.
I should be there soon Troy.
I've always wanted to tour the South Pacific. :)

Doug

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts

Doug get's his compass and runs to the row boat.
I should be there soon Troy.
I've always wanted to tour the South Pacific. :)

:) I'll alert the State Water Authority :)

:)

In all seriousness, if you make it from your country to my county in a row boat, I will select the parts and build you a brand new computer - my expense. The offer will stay available forever :) Of course, you'd probably get news coverage and everything else :)

I have to admit though, it is a stupid idea that you have to bear the shipping fees. I do hope you are able to successfully challenge them. It's always a drama returning things, although I've personally never had to do it via "shipping" (postage) as yet. I mostly purchase from the local computer store, he knows me there and even though prices are slightly higher than online, it works out cheaper because of postage...