Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Tv card + sound issue

• Please log in to reply

benfboi

benfboi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hey guys,

I have installed a tv card into my computer (winfast tv2000xp rm).

I cannot seem to locate the plug on my motherboard (D915 GAG / D195PSY) to input the sound from the card. (I have onboard sound).

The only reason I can think of, is if my motherboard does not have a sound input? therfore I would have to get a sound card?

This causes another question as if I do put a sound card in my computer (in the last pci slot) it will be hard up agaisnt my pci-e graphics cards fan, could this cause any heat issues?

thank you!!

Advertisements

benfboi

benfboi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
no ideas guys? what about the heating issue?

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello benfboi and welcome to Geeks to Go!

I do think you will need a sound card as well, I'm not sure TV cards can interface with onboard sound. I don't think you would have problems with heating if you got a sound card.

Ax