Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spillseal Keyboard?

• Please log in to reply

Jenn11803

Jenn11803

spammer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of the Unitron Spillseal Keyboard. I saw someone review it on a website, Expotv.com, and thought that it was a great idea for a gift. She says that she has no problems with it, and even demos her washing it! I was just wondering if anyone else had any experience with it. I will admit, seeing her actually demo it was enough to make me go and buy one right away, just figured I would doublecheck! The link is below if you want to see for yourself. Have a great night and TIA for you opinions!
:) [removed link]

Edited by admin, 27 December 2007 - 01:57 PM.
removed spam link

Advertisements

Doug

Doug

Visiting Consultant

• Visiting Consultant
  • 872 posts
Hi Jenn11803,

Welcome to G2G Forums.
We hope you will enjoy and learn much as a new Member here.
We answer many questions about hardware and purchasing similar to the two questions you've posted in your two posts.
We actually like to help in this way when we can.
And hopefully we'll be able to provide information and problem solving that is useful to you.

I'm sending this note to you, as a "heads-up" about Forum etiquette and rules.
There is an annoying phenomenon that sometimes collides with Forums such as ours.
For those who have been around Forums awhile, it is called "spamming", and is very similar to the annoying junk email that you may sometimes receive at your email address.

Unfortunately, some folks come to Forums with the explicit purpose of advertising products for sale.
We are volunteers and the site is here as a free service for all users who need help. You included. :)
Therefore we do not support any primarily commercial use of our Forum pages.
When we notice a new Member registering and then immediately posting product and website information that is designed to sell or promote the sale of items, we notice and take a dim view of the new Member's behavior.
Sometimes, when "spamming" is blatant the Member may be warned, or have their information edited, and in some cases the offending Member may be limited and even banned from posting new information.

Your two posts do not fit the common scheme of "spamming".
And this note is only a "heads-up" to inform you about something that you may not be aware of as yet.
Actually, your posts appear to be legitimate questions that a Member might ask about the use of products that they are not yet sure of.
Since you've seen a few products on a TV advertisement, you appear to be asking for a "second opinion".
That's just fine.
How else would a new user get opinions and information, if they didn't ask?

But if every one of your next several posts contained additional references to the TV advertisement, site, or product, some Members would begin getting suspicious that the real purpose for posting was to gain advertising exposure and not to get questions answered for the sake of information.

So what's the message here? And how can you best respect Forum rules and etiquette?
You can post your questions without including URL links to the advertiser's site.
Or if you need to post the address to ask your question you can "break" the address, so that it is not "clickable".
That would help prevent other new and unsuspecting Members from being led off to a sales site by merely clicking.
If our G2G forum allowed "clickable" links to sales sights, that "could" be misinterpreted as "endorsement" from G2G that would make new Members more likely to buy from the site, or less likely to be extra careful of unknown sites.
I hope you can see how this is an important way that we try to help protect our Membership.

Here's an example of how you could "break" an address link.
http:// www (dot) expotv (dot) com/videos/reviews/7/78/...rd-Keybo/173013

We are glad you have decided to become a Member here at G2G.
Hopefully this note to you will help you to understand this specific characteristic of Forum participation.

Best Regards,
Doug

p.s. I don't have any experience with the product that you are inquiring about.
I've also been lucky enough to not ever had a damaging spill. "knock on wood"
Hopefully you won't either.
Perhaps if other Members have had experience with this or similar products they will post their experience or opinions.

Doug

Doug

Visiting Consultant

• Visiting Consultant
  • 872 posts
Hello again Jenn Borgese or Jenn11803, or whatever your real name is....

You've already made quite a little online career of promoting Ex potv.

While I admire your gentle "stealth" in working the link and product information into your "innocent inquiry" here at G2G, please know that any further promotion of products, sites and advertisements will not be welcomed.

Best Regards