Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

advent 7111 fan runs on start up and thats it ?

• Please log in to reply

decockney

decockney

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have an advent 7111 laptop with windows media addition, on start up all i get is a blank screen and the fan runs. I have no lights light up, The mother board was replaced about 2 weeks ago. I have posted before with a shout for help, but you guys were busy any ideas

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to connect the computer to an external monitor by plugging it to the connector at the back of the computer. If it works then there is something wrong with the laptop's monitor. If it doesn't, it can be any of a number of problems. I think that you will be better off checking the computer at a decent lab.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I would take it back to the shop that replaced the mother board as it sounds very much like it has died again.

decockney

decockney

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
:) Thank you both for your replies will try the external monitor hook up and then w be takening it back to pc world, i have never had this lap top running correctly. So gonna go see the tech guys as apposed to phoning them at £1.50 per, also i have insurance which is due to run out. Thanks again for your relpies and will keep you both informed of the out come. Many thanks,Decockney