Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Potential virus. Need help

• Please log in to reply

Skifre1015

Skifre1015

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi everyone,

This is my first time using a this for help and im praying it works,

last night i was trying to open a file and ended up downloading a program called MagicDisk in order to do so. As soon as i tried to use it my desktop locked up. After restarting the taskbar had been reduced to below the monitor and the internet is no longer working, but the wireless router is fine and the 2nd desktop in the house is picking up internet. Most programs also wont open. I looked into Magic disk figuring thats where i got the virus, but theres nothing online about any related viruses with that program. Anyone have any ideas on what to do? I'd really appreciate it.

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,640 posts
It might have something to do with the file you were trying to open; I would like to suggest that you start a new thread in the Malware Removal - HiJackThis™ Logs Go Here area.

Before you post a log click on this link --> You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log
this will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your Hijackthis log.

Thanks,