Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop battery

• Please log in to reply

shad3300

shad3300

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Its been a week now and I've tried everything.....my laptop battery is not operating properly, or at least I think so. I've let it charge for hours and the batter light still flashes orange (orange for charging and blue for fully charged - it will automatically change form orange to blue when charged) I umpluged it once and left it on standby after hours of charging and the batter gave out. Can anyone help me?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I don't know how old your battery is but they don't last forever -- they have a limited lifespan which can be severely shortened if left attached to the laptop for long or frequent periods when the laptop is being run on mains power. In those scenarios you are supposed to remove the battery to prevent it from being overcharged (this happens when the battery is fully charged but is still getting charged beyond that point because the laptop is being run on mains power). If your laptop came from a previous owner, they may have used it incorrectly (running it from the mains over long periods with battery attached). In such cases the battery will reach the end of it's life much sooner and will have to be replaced with a new one.

Edited by pip22, 15 December 2007 - 03:39 PM.