Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer won't start up

• Please log in to reply

jcpwn2004

jcpwn2004

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
So basically my computer won't start up. I press the power button and the light comes on and the computer sort of like hums, but it's like it doesn't have enough ummph to start up. I just moved locations and I think maybe something got rattled inside or something, because it's been working fine forever. I don't think it's my power supply because I just bought a new one like a year ago, I think it's like 450watts, and my computer specs aren't anything amazing. If you guy's have any ideas I'd be really appreciative.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Diswconnect all power and open your case. Look at all connections and verify they are connected. Reseat all boards and cables. make sure that there are no cables/ wires in any fans.

Do you get anything displayed on the monitor?
If your PSU has a 120/240 switch, be sure it is set for 120.

jcpwn2004

jcpwn2004

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Diswconnect all power and open your case. Look at all connections and verify they are connected. Reseat all boards and cables. make sure that there are no cables/ wires in any fans.

Do you get anything displayed on the monitor?
If your PSU has a 120/240 switch, be sure it is set for 120.

I think all my connections are connected, how do you reseat stuff? Is that like taking stuff out and putting it back in?

No, nothing displays on my monitor, I have a 115/230 switch and it's set at 115.