Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless signal

• Please log in to reply

iami3k

iami3k

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a wireless connection on my laptop and for the past year its been catching a wireless signal from around my building. Last night it connected to the same network but when I tried going to any website it keeps saying "cannot find server" so basically it looks like its connected but I cant use the web. This has happened a few times before but it lasted for a few hours and then started working again. This time, its been 24 hours now and still it looks like the wireless connection is connected but I cant use the web. The default connection is called Tsunami which is the prefered connection on the list. I tried connecting to other available networks that my laptop finds but it does not connect to them. It gets to the point where it says aquairing IP address and then the network list refreshes. What can this be? noise? or am I blocked some how from catching the signal? or the network is down? Thanks for all the help in advance.

Advertisements