Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Sounds at startup

• Please log in to reply

terminator2

terminator2

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi guys! I have a little problem when the computer is first turned on for the day. I shutdown the computer every night and turn it on the next day. When I push the button to turn the PC on, I can hear a loud sound like a racing car, you can hear the RPM's raising from low to high. After I log on to my account, I give the front end of the tower a little blow with my hand and the noise stops and the PC is quiet again (except for the CPU fan). I have no other fans but the CPU fan and the Power Supply fan in this case. The CPU fan has been replaced and seems to be running fine. Before, it was running too low in RPM's. What else could it be? Help! It drives me crazy every time I turn the thing on.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The centre bearing on the rear fan may be worn so I would change that one too.

terminator2

terminator2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
What do you mean centre bearing on the rear fan? Are you referring to the power supply fan?